Sunday, December 16, 2012

(As a "How To" blog you will want to start with the first post and work your way up to this one)

Submitting Your Project


Good news and bad news!  The good news is that if you really follow all the instructions on the Kickstarter School web page you will pass through the approval process without any issues. They are looking for people who are breaking the guidelines only.  The bad news is that it can take 1-3 days to get approval.  Now, this may not be bad news for most but it was for me.

I submitted the project on December 9th (Sunday). I had read that it took 1-2 days for approval so I figured I would be OK with the newspaper article coming out on Wednesday morning. I knew it would be close so I took the extra step and emailed them and asked if they thought that I would be OK with my Wed. morning deadline.  I got a response back saying no promises and it takes a "few" days. I have to be honest it was a "blow off" email. Not personal at all and read like an auto response. I wrote back for clarification and never heard back.  Sorry to say but Kickstarter has very poor communication. So far their only real fault.

The project was approved on Wednesday at noon. This means it took 2 1/2 days (not counting Sunday). So, this is still a fast process but a word of warning- don't push a deadline like I did!

After Approval


Once you are approved it is simply a matter of hitting the Launch button that shows up on the site. Once the project is launched you are ready to start promoting.

Tip: If you are in a hurry, submit the project before you have it totally perfect. Get it to them asap and let them do their approval. While the approval process is going on you can figure out any changes you need to make. Then when they approve it, you can simply pop in your final tweeks and changes and launch the project. This is what I should have done knowing that I had a deadline!


No comments:

Post a Comment