Saturday, April 20, 2013

(As a "How To" blog you will want to start with the first post and work your way up to this one)

Campaign Ends!


Finally your campaign ends and that is when all the hard work beings!  Before the overwhelm of the project hits be sure to send out a quick update thanking everyone and assure them that further updates/emails will be send regarding rewards.

Kickstarter will give you access to a tab called Backer Report where you can see the full names and addresses of each of people who backed your project. It will be listed by reward. For example all the people who pledged for the $1 reward, $5 reward and so on. It will also give a list of the no reward people (if you have any).

I personally took this data and created a spreadsheet in Excell that stated the name, address, reward type, reward made, reward shipped, complete.  I would mark off the columns as I made the reward and another check when I shipped it.  This made it easy to keep track of all the rewards and what stage each one was in.

Rewards

There are lots of ways to handle the rewards. You will tell people on your page that you will ship them by a certain date. You can decide to put the date right after the campaign ends or many months into the future. I put my date in the future to give me flexibility but I ended up jumping straight into reward production to get it over with. That way I could focus on the project and not have the rewards hanging over my head. In some cases the rewards were pictures of the final project. Those rewards had to ship after the project so I ended up doing reward shipment twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment